If you want to attract prospective customers, video testimonials are one of the most powerful and effective content marketing methods you can use. When it comes to all businesses – large and small – the success of the business depends heavily on word of mouth. Testimonials are formal forms of expression that support that concept. With 55% of people watching videos online every day, ignoring this growing demographic could really cost you – in more ways than one.
While written testimonials are still of some importance, customers know they can be easily forged and a paragraph written by a faceless Joe Bloggs doesn’t hold as much credibility as a video of a living, breathing person talking passionately about how great your product or service is. Especially if it is genuine, heartfelt, and evocative.
When someone is considering buying from you and in the research stage, they want to find social proof from unbiased sources to support their potential choice – and your potential customers are far more likely to believe one of their peers than they are to believe you. Video testimonials provide that social proof.
So why are video testimonials so effective?
- They add an element of trust and credibility to your business while strengthening your branding
- They help build the reputation of your business in a dynamic way
- They allow you to humanise an online business by adding a face and personality to your brand
- They allow you to connect with your customers on a stronger and more personal level
- They help to forge an emotional connection with your story or product
- They enable you to display not only whether your service or product has met expectations but also the evolution of how your service or product has had an impact on their life
What are the benefits to your site?
- They enable a customer’s experience to become shareable across social media, far more easily than written testimonials
- Video content is more engaging than written content, so is more likely to be seen and shared by your target audience
- Did you know that including video in a landing page can increase conversions by 80%?
- Websites with video content generate more traffic than those without and can improve your search engine ranking, if done correctly
- Video testimonials help you stand out from the crowd – how many of your competitors use them?
A fatBuzz Customer Testimonial
There are many types of videos you can use in your content marketing but video testimonials are a great return on investment. Not only are customer video testimonials a powerful way to boost your credibility, they increase conversions and humanise your brand. At fatBuzz, our in-house video production team can provide an all-encompassing video service, tailored to your needs. Get in touch to see how we can help you.