In Social Media Podcast No.58 has a fairly full team in attendance; Gordon White is joined by Derek Howie, Graeme Geddes and Malcolm White from fatBuzz and, Michelle Rodger and Jamie Moore from Bloom VC.
Michelle explains the various crowd funding models and helps us to understand the key differences of each. She also talks about the valuable role social media plays in the promotion and ultimate success of any crowd funding project.
As usual, we have lots of laughs as we take a fairly light-hearted but informative look at what’s been happening in the world of social media. We did have a lot to get through with some great questions coming from listeners posting their questions on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some of the topics we cover in the podcast:
- New laws in America to stop employers asking potential employees for social media passwords …READ ARTICLE
- Channel 4’s recent programme – Celebs, Brands and Fake Fans
- Buying Likes and followers – what’s the point?
- Facebook Hashtags – Are they a good or bad addition to the platform?
- New Facebook page layout – does anyone know the protocol for the roll out?
- Facebook announce they will announce!
- Facebook Table Booking …READ ARTICLE
- 29 Member’s Club – Their new Instagram Menu
- Facebook VIP – Verified pages for celebrities – is this a move to challenge Twitter for high profile users …READ ARTICLE
- Top 10 Celebrities on Facebook …READ ARTICLE
- What makes a video go viral – Can anyone really answer this?
- Setting aims and objectives on social media is the only real way to measure success
- Bebo is set to return and the whiteboard seems to be set to reappear with it! …READ ARTICLE
- Social Outreach – How to attract key influencers to your community
- Can online tools ever replace one-to-one engagement?
- Klout – Does it have any real clout?
- Crowd funding – Why is the FCA interested in crowd funding? …READ ARTICLE
- How can social media help to drive crowd funding projects?
- How crowd funding a project brings more than just monetary rewards
We hope you enjoy the podcast, if you have any comments to make or topics you would like us to discuss, please leave them here on the blog or on our Facebook Page.
Play the podcast here:
We’re offering a range of bespoke or generic presentations on the topic of social media and customer service, if you would like to find out more please go to the following link: Are you prepared to lose control?
Have you listened to the digital copyright podcast?
We continue to see people using images, video content and other files taken from the internet without consideration to potential copyright issues. We would encourage all of our listeners to download Social Media Podcast 50 which clearly outlines what you should and shouldn’t do with images sourced online. Find it on iTunes now.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US TO TALK ABOUT?
If there is a specific topic you would like us to cover in a future podcast please let us know. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Twitter @MediaPodcast or, you can post it as a comment on the Social Media Podcast Facebook page.