We have a vacancy for a junior Front-End Web Developer to join our talented team at fatBuzz. Primarily, the position would be split supporting our clients and working with our SEO Specialist to make technical changes to improve site performance. As well as having excellent technical skills you will be a good communicator and be comfortable dealing with clients directly.
You’ll have a passion for keeping up-to-date on the latest web trends and techniques. The position will be based in our Glasgow office at Kinning Park and although not essential, a driving licence would be an advantage. Salary and package will be commensurate with experience.
- Support our existing clients through a ticketing system
- De-bugging and testing WordPress plug-in’s
- Code fully functional websites from scratch using a provided XD file
- Manage onsite technical SEO and optimise for loading speed and page performance
- Set up analytics and implement third-party tracking pixels or APIs
- Manage DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
- Maintain web security
- Experience integrating third-party APIs and help develop any html5 templates (FAQ portal, responsive email)
- Develop conversion testing experiments
- Relevant degree/experience in the web development field
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Experience installing complex Google Tag Manager/Google Analytics tracking and third-party APIs
- Solid understanding of technical on-site SEO and AMP
- Solid understanding of web security
- Create full WordPress Themes / Templates.
- Experience of working with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & XD)
- Communicate comfortably with clients during meetings and calls
- Experience with version control repository
- Knowledge/Commercial Use of Sage 9
- Advance Custom Fields
- Experience of using cPanel, WHM. Setting up email accounts on clients would also be an advantage.
- Familiarity with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL.
Applicants should provide previous work examples.
Please include notice period (if any) and current salary with application.
Please note we do not accept applications via recruitment agencies.